Opening that Bottle of Bubbly
More than 40% of all Champagneis bought during the holidays. It is important to open a bottle of sparking wine in the right way, and it’s easy to do. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure the sparkling wine is chilled.
2. Remove the ‘champagne’ foil.
3. Unwind the wire hood with sic half-turns of the wire knob.
4. Hold the bottle at a 45 degree angle with one hand around the base of the bottle and the other firmly around the cork.
5. Point the bottle away from the guests.
6. Turn the bottle – not the cork – slowly, letting the cork glide out gently.
Pour, make a toast and enjoy.